Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stroud

It seems as if now, more than ever this year, I am zooming around all over the place doing different things. Last week I was in a lovely town called Stroud, which is in England in case you hadn't guess. Basically, while there, I was doing some work experience at a company that is involved in the accreditation of various educational courses.
What they do is, they have a look at whatever proposed course that is brought to them by their clients, they will then assess the course based on standard and they will then certify the course. There is a lot more to it than I have explained in one sentence but it is quite an interesting field. Mostly because of the holistic approach that these courses take on education. It means that people can have a certified and credible certificate or level of achievement for whatever course they do.
My job for the week, amongst a few others, was to redesign a banner on a flyer that was being used to advertise a new course that was being developed. I then had to send the flyer out to various organisations and people that would be interested, which was slightly daunting but it was nice to be involved in a whole project and follow through with it.
What I did in my spare time, besides sitting at home (home = a spare room in a very generous lady’s house) browsing the internet, was spend it in a pub making friends with strangers. There is a funny story as to how I came to meet “said random strangers”: basically I walked into the pub, alone, ona Wednesday or something, and I asked for food, which they weren't serving, so I stayed for a drink and started chatting to random people.
So for all you shy people out there wanting some #newfriends, all you have to do is walk into an establishment that isn't serving food, ask for food, get denied said food and stay for a drink instead.

Some pictures for your eyes.



Some may describe this picture as ill compused but I think its obscure and artistic. And also it is the only picture I had of the view from my office space. 



That’s all, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment