Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mouth Watering Experience

Now the title of this post may be slightly misleading because it may seem as if I am going to do a review of a meal I had or something, but I'm not. I am going to be chatting a bit about some work experience that I... experienced during my last few days in London (you're probably thinking that this makes no sense but patience child, it is a virtue, or so they say.)

Basically I somehow met someone who used to work at a production company and she was able to set up a work experience sort of thing for me where I spent two days on the set of a food commercial, (ahhhh, now the title makes sense.) Basically, a company (I don't know if I can say who) was doing a whole food campaign and the production company that I was at, was filming it.

The most amazing part for me was how long it takes to prepare the set for each dish and each scene. The director was absolutely mind blowing, I mean, the attention to detail that he paid was extraordinary. He made sure that every little reflection and shadow looked perfect and it is mind blowing how amazing everything looked because of this. I was hungry like half all the time.

The set although you cannot see the glorious food, but the ad will be on air soon and I will point it out.


The beginnings of the set. 

And some not real ice... This is the most amazing thing in the whole world. 

It was such an amazing experience and I met some amazing people. The great thing is that they all had so much experience in the world of film, TV and advertising and they were always willing to answer whatever questions I had. I even did a coffee run, so I was basically running the whole show. 

That's all, Bye! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment